Hosted by The Broke and Bookish
This week, instead of featuring top ten worlds I wouldn’t want to live in (in which I would list a number of dystopians) I decided to also pay homage to the worlds that keep my daydreams alive and list a few worlds I would want to live in.
Top Five Worlds I Would Hate to Live In:
1. Game of Thrones: No thank you! Not only is this world icky (albeit historically accurate), but there is a very good chance I’ll be killed off before I have a chance to explore it.
2. The Fifth Wave: This version of Earth scares the ever living crap out of me.
3. The Way of Shadows: I don’t find the entirety of this world deplorable, but wouldn’t want anything to do with most of what’s featured in this novel.
4. Guilty Pleasures: Of all the urban fantasies I’ve read, this one is the one that scared me, scarred me, and scalded me the most. Okay, I don’t know about the scalding part, but the other two are true.
5. The Last Stormlord: As much as I love living in the desert (bring on the heat!) this world is just a little too harsh and dangerous for my tastes. I definitely wouldn’t want to be at the whim of a single, all-powerful stormlord.
Top Five Worlds I Would Love to Live In:
1. The Aware: This world takes place across a few island nations with plenty of paradise beaches, magical creatures, and a whole lot of cool magic!
2. Kushiel’s Dart: With inspiration from classical European countries, this world offers a level of grandeur and elegance that just doesn’t exist anymore… At least not in the way that Carey tells it.
3. Joust: Any place where I’d be able to learn how to ride dragons is awesome in my book. This world wins over others I could name because a. there are no fiery rays of death raining down from space (Dragonriders of Pern) b. it doesn’t take place in the isolated craters of Mars (Dragon Blood) and c. there are more than just a few dragons in existence (Eragon).
4. Harry Potter: Need I explain?
5. Lord of the Rings: I would very much like to go live in Rivendell, Sauron be damned!
What worlds would you pick?