Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2014!
Reading 1 – 5:
1. Stick to my new “Read 4, Buy 1” rule to A. Save more money and B. Enjoy the thousands of books I already own and C. Make me more selective of what I bring home.
2. Read only the books I’m most excited about, rather than the ones I feel obligated to read.
3. Continue streamlining my book collection, getting rid of everything I won’t read within the next ten years.
4. Stop worrying about how many books and series I have in progress and just enjoy whatever has caught my interest at the moment.
5. Limit my Netgalley and Edelweiss requests to only the special ones, thereby furthering the intent of goal #1.
Writing 6 – 10:
6. Finish the first draft of my novel by January 31.
7. Finish the final draft by March 31.
8. Write and submit a short story for WOTF.
9. Work on a writing project every single day – even if it only a ten minute scene outline.
10. Start working on my current novel’s sequel (much later in the year, of course).
I’ve always been a person who enjoys setting and achieving goals, but have never had new year resolutions. I always do everything I set my mind to, but it will be interesting to see how I handle a specific timeframe. Wish me luck!
What are your 2014 resolutions? Are any of them bookish?